Superintendent Stephen Schiell announced Wednesday via Facebook live video that Montrose County School District is ending in-person instruction on the campuses for the remaining two months of the academic year due to COVID-19.
CONTACT US: 970-249-3444
Polls closed at 7 p.m. Tuesday, and new members of Montrose City Council have been elected. All results are unofficial until they have been canvassed.
Montrose residents voted on city council seats for District III, District IV and at-large. The deadline for votes was Tuesday at 7 p.m.
Kata and Grzeg Czepiel had twinkles in their eyes as they handed students and parents meals Tuesday at Montrose High School as the district prepared lunches for students during the coronavirus…
It seemed like a casual Thursday afternoon on March 12 for Dillon Shaw and Trey Schwerdtfeger. Their first spring baseball game of 2020 at Montrose High School was hours away. The team prepared several months for this moment, as all teams do.
I was riding my ATV along a section of the South Canal, in an area where it passes through some hay fields. Several h…
Did you know that Colorado has a long history of fruit production? The people who first started growing fruit in Colo…
Occasionally I receive an email from a reader who accuses me of being a “doom and gloom, end of the world” type of pe…
- Montrose County School District cancels in-person class for the school year
- Montrose County reports third COVID-19 death
- Telluride Express accused of age discrimination
- Tips sought after thieves ‘ransack’ home of deceased veteran
- Crash on Townsend: Expect delays
- County records first positive COVID-19 test (Updated)
- Funeral home owner, mother, indicted
- Bicyclist succumbs to injuries
- Arrest made in alleged hit-and-run
- Schools closed until April out of 'abundance of caution' concerning coronavirus-19