Courts button

Nicholas Love, one of five men arrested last year during a sting operation, settled his case Monday with a guilty plea to attempted sexual assault of a child and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Love, who has been free on bond since his arrest, is to receive a deferred judgment on the attempted sex assault plea, meaning he will not stand convicted if he completes all requirements the court will impose at sentencing Dec. 3.

Love responded to an online ad posted by an investigator who was posing as a 14-year-old girl.

Love is said to have responded to an investigator posing as a female who was “looking for a boss,” and who asked him to bring vodka to a hotel.

According to his arrest affidavit, Love asked the person’s age and, upon being told it was 14, asked if he would get into trouble.

Love was arrested when he arrived at the designated rendezvous site; he reportedly told detectives he had been seeking an adult and hoped the person with whom he was communicating was lying about being 14.

Love’s prior plea agreement fell apart in July when it emerged he had not disclosed a prior, misdemeanor child abuse case; Love through his attorney said he had simply misunderstood the disclosure requirements. He was allowed to withdraw his guilty plea and on Monday, entered a new plea.

Two other men snared as part of the sting have also pleaded out. They received deferred judgments and are completing probationary terms.

Another, Cody Wright, is set for sentencing Dec. 10 on a plea to internet luring of a child and child abuse.

Dale Morales is for now set for trial next year on charges of attempted patronizing of a prostituted child, attempted sexual assault on a child, attempted internet luring and attempted contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

He could also enter a plea agreement Nov. 13.

Katharhynn Heidelberg is an award-winning journalist and the senior writer for the Montrose Daily Press. Follow her on Twitter @kathMDP.

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you

Load comments