Let’s get over voter fraud
The Montrose Daily Press welcomes “Letters to the Editor” and recognizes the publishing of them as an important forum for citizen opinion. We encourage participation. To that end, we have set as few rules as possible. They are:
- Letters must be signed and include a street address and daytime telephone number for verification. We will not publish the address or telephone number with the letter.
- They should be no more than 300 words in length. While some lengthy letters are published, we reserve the right to edit or ask the writer to resubmit when necessary because of space limitations.
- We reserve the right to limit frequent writers. We reserve the right to reject letters. Letters will be edited for taste, brevity and legal reasons. Letters that attack other citizens won’t be published.
- Because of time and resources, we cannot research all information in letters. Therefore by publishing them, we neither imply nor guarantee the accuracy of information stated by writers. We won’t publish letters regarding consumer issues, either pro or con.
- We won’t publish ‘open’ letters or letters with multiple signatures. Thank you letters will be considered a ‘Card of Thanks’ and will be directed to the classified advertising department.
- Online comments will not be permitted for letters to the editor
- Email works best for letters. Our email address: email@example.com.
Our mailing address: Letters to the Editor, Montrose Daily Press, 3684 N. Townsend Ave., Montrose, CO 81401.